The tour was announced on September 20, 2011 with dates in Dublin and Belfast only. Tickets for these shows went on sale on September 22, 2011. These two shows sold out causing the band to add a further date in Dublin with two extra shows being announced for Belfast. The first continenal Europe show were announced in October 2011 with dates across Germany. A show in Rotterdam was announced for March 1, this show sold out within 30 minutes of going on sale resulting in another show being added for the following night. Shows in Denmark and Sweden were announced on November 23. The band will also make to debut appearance in Dubai when they perform at the Atlantis Hotel Open Air Event alongside Calvin Harris on March 9. The band will also make their debut appearance in Oman, playing the InterContinental Gardens. It was also announced they would play a show at Dublin's Phoenix Park, they will co-headline this concert with Florence and the Machine.
It was announced that the band would return to Australian shores to perform two special acoustic shows in Sydney and Melbourne, they will perform an acoustic set with songs from Fallen Empires and classic hits such as Chasing Cars and Run. They are also set to return to North America for a short fourteen date tour in which they will co-headline with Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds with Jake Bugg being the main support act. They will also play three headline shows as part of this leg of the tour.
- Rams' Pocket Radio (Europe, select dates)
- Ed Sheeran (North America, select dates)
- Rousseau (Oakland—May 5, Los Angeles)
- Gary Go (Dallas, Houston, Austin, Biloxi)
- Everything Everything (United Kingdom & Ireland)
- Admiral Fallow (Glasgow)
- A Plastic Rose (Belfast—January 25, London—February 11)
- Florence and the Machine (Co-Headlining Dublin—July 8)
- The Temper Trap (Dublin—July 8)
- Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds (Leg 8—North America),(co-headlining)
- Jake Bugg (Leg 8—North America)
- Lissie (Leg 8—North America)